The course program leading to the first-level academic diploma in the School of Artistic Design for Industry is intended to provide adequate mastery of artistic methods and techniques, as well as acquisition of specific disciplinary and professional skills, with particular emphasis on communication, industrial design, design and fashion. The courses are aimed at developing design skills and familiarity with technological tools for expression, both traditional and contemporary, regarding the use and management of space and the principles of communication and representation.
Students in the School’s diploma course must:
- possess an adequate technical-operative formation in methods and contents related to the sectors of graphic design, advertising, design, display, product design and fashion design;
- possess methodological and critical tools for acquisition of skills in means of artistic expression, techniques and advanced technologies relative to these sectors;
- be competent in at least one foreign language of the European Community, besides the mother tongue, in the main area of competence and for general information exchange;
- possess adequate knowledge of informatic and other technological communication tools in the specific areas of competence.
Graduates will undertake professional activities in various public and private design fields, with an orientation toward new and highly flexible professional prospects within private bodies, museums, small and medium enterprises and large industries, with particular regard to advertising communication, organisation of space as a vehicle for communication, settings, display, site-specific design and various aspects of industrial communication.
The Academies will organise, in collaboration with public and private institutions, internships and apprenticeships that will provide the specific skills needed, and will further define specific training models for each course of study.
In order to complete the curriculum and gain admittance to discussion of the written and practical thesis , candidates must pass all exams and obtain the following academic credits:
- 108 credits in foundation and specific educational activities (foundation 36-48 credits, specific 60-72 credits, supplementary or related activities 56 credits)
- 4 compulsory credits for a foreign European language
- 12 credits for the thesis and three practical works
TOTAL CREDITS: 180
The diploma will be awarded when the candidate has obtained the required academic credits, has passed all exams and has successfully discussed his or her thesis, also presenting three artistic projects agreed with the Head of Department.
In calculating credits candidates may not cite the same course more than once, unless this is expressly permitted.
|EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITY||CODE||DISCIPLINE||INSTRUCTOR||1||2||3||CREDITS||TOTAL CREDITS|
|ABST47||(1) Style, History of Art and Costume 1-2-3||6+6+6|
|ABST48||History of Applied Arts||not activated||6|
|ABST50||History of Architecture||not activated||6|
|ABPR16||Fundamentals of Computer Design||Costagliola||8|
|ABTEC38||Digital Applications for Visual Arts 1 – 2 (compulsory)||Villa||8+8|
|ABPC65||Theory and Method of Mass Media||Cembalo||6|
|ABPR19||Graphic Design||not activated||8|
|ABPR34||Fashion Design 1-2||Bianco||8+8|
|ABPR19||Web Design 1-2-3 (compulsory)||Villa||8+8+8|
|ABTEC41||Digital Modelling Techniques||Gagliarducci||8|
|ABPR14||Elements of Architecture and Urban Planning||Catalano||8|
|ABST51||Phenomenology of Contemporary Arts||Roberto||6|
|ABTEC37||Design Methodology for Visual communication||Saccomandi||8|
|ABPC67||Communication Methodologies and Techniques||Fornero||8|
|ABTEC43||Audiovisual Techniques and Codes of Expression||Berardinelli||8|
|SUPPLEMENTARY OR RELATED||ABTEC42||Interactive Systems||Bertrand||8|
|ABPR36||Performance Techniques for Visual Arts||not activated||8|
|ABVPA64||Museography and Display System Design||Costagliola||8|
|ABPR36||Multimedia Installations||De Luca||8|
|ABPR19||Elements of Editorial Graphics||Danesi||8|
|ABPC66||History of Cinema and Video||Bitonti||6|
|ABPR35||Film and Video Direction/
Performing Arts Production
|ABTEC38||Digital Applications for Visual Arts 3||Villa||8|
|ABPR18||Land Design/Landscaping||not activated||8|
|ABPR32||Theatre Costume||De Cavero||8|
|ABTEC38||Digital Animation Techniques||Povero||8|
|Further educational Activities||(2) workshops, seminars, internships||0/18|
|(2) computer skills test||4|
|Optional educational activities||0/10|
|Compulsory educational activities||ABLIN71||EU foreign language
|PROVA FINALE (obbligatoria)||12|
Students must complete the required number of credits for each sector. Total credits in three-year course: 180
(1) For History of Art and Costume students may choose the course (or instructor) among those offered, inserting the appropriate name.