Accademia Albertina di Belle Arti di Torino

Stampa questa pagina

The seat of the Academy

The Albertina Academy is situated in what was once the “Isola” or precinct of San Francesco da Paola. This was the site of the homonymous convent connected to the church which still stands today, its facade giving onto the old “Contrada di Po” or Po Quarter, now Via Po. On this area, and using part of the eastern wing of the cloister, between 1820 and 1830 Giuseppe Talucchi designed and realised the building that was to become the seat of the Albertina Academy from its re-foundation in 1833, by the express wish of King Carlo Alberto.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Talucchi’s imposing facade occupies the entire eastern side of the block, and extends further south in another wing. In addition to the Academy’s numerous teaching departments, each endowed with ample space, today the five-storey building houses the Historical Library and the excellent Pinacoteca or art gallery.

Contatti

Accademia Albertina di Belle Arti

via Accademia Albertina 6 10123 - Torino

Tel. 011.88.90.20

Fax. 011.812.56.88

PEO:protocollo@accademialbertina.torino.it

PEC: accademia.torino@pec.it

© 2012 -2017 Accademia Albertina di Belle Arti