Inglese per la Comunicazione Artistica - Biennio
- Titolo: Inglese per la Comunicazione Artistica - Biennio
- Codice: ABLIN71
- Piano/i di studio: comunicazione_patrimonio_artistico
This English course will focus on improving practical knowledge and verbal skills in your own field of study. As this course is given at the Graduate level, students are expected to have a lower intermediate, to intermediate level of English at the beginning of the course. Grading will be based on written assignments and class participation with a final written and oral exam. Class participation is essential, as improvement can only be assessed over time. Class projects will include: development of a personal dictionary of technical terminology specific to your own field of study; an "Artist Statement" explaining your creative inspiration, approach, and philosophy; or a one page Biography for jobs where an Artist Statement is inappropriate; and a Curriculum Vitae appropriate for job opportunities in your field. The main purpose of this course is to help prepare you to search for jobs internationally, and to help you feel comfortable speaking and writing about your work/artwork in English. The written projects are specifically designed to accompany your portfolio as a job-searching tool. Speaking and presentation skills will also be addressed, as a portion of the class will focus on in-class critique of your work in English. All written assignments must be typed and printed.
Art-Write: The Writing Guide for Visual Artists by Vicki Krohn Amorose
• Any trade organizations/magazines in your field
• ART/WORK: Everything You Need to Know (and Do) As You Pursue Your Art Career by: Heather Darcy Bhandari and Jonathan Melber
• Art Critiques: A Guide (Second Edition) by James Elkins
• Cambridge Word Routes inglese-italiano
• Show Your Work! by Austin Kleon
Per riuscire a seguire il corso è consigliato un livello minimo A2 in lingua inglese.
- Docente: Podio Nicole
- E-mail di riferimento: email@example.com